Our Bible verse for the month is
Jesus said to them again, ‘Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you.’
John 20:21 (NRSV)
Saturday, June 24
Colorado Rockies Fans: The Community and Care Ministry Team has reserved 25 tickets for Bethany members with the Colorado Rockies for Faith Day on August 6. The ticket price is $25.00 and includes a post game concert featuring the “Newsboys”. Seats are located in section 146, rows 19, 20 and 21. Game time is 1:10pm. Sign up for tickets at the Welcome Center each Sunday through July 15. Payment is required at that time. You will be able to pick up your tickets at the church office after July 24. Questions? Contact Linda Bryant at LLBBryant@aol.com.
Sunday, June 25
Pentecost 3: Discipleship will be challenging
Bonfils Blood Drive: Bonfils will be at Bethany in the Fellowship Hall from 8:00 am-12:00 pm on Sunday, June 25, for a blood drive. Donors can call Bonfils at 303-363-2300 to reserve an appointment time or go to www.bonfils.org, select “Make an Appointment” and use site code 0377. A sign-up sheet will be available at the welcome center on June 11 and 18. Please contact Janet Mortinsen, firstname.lastname@example.org, for questions.
Ready, Set, School: Once again this year, Bethany Lutheran Church is partnering with IFCS (Integrated Family Community Services) to give a “hand up” to the families of elementary and middle school children in need. You may choose to sponsor a child by providing everything that child needs, or you may select one or two items to purchase (such as a gift card or a new outfit) for a specific child.Stop by the table in the Fellowship Hall on “Sign-up Sundays” in late June and early July to select the child you wish to support. All items will be due back at Bethany by Sunday, July 16. For more information, please contact Laurie Fowles at 303-741-5429.
Sunday, June 30 – DEADLINE
Bethany Mission Trip: (for all ages!): YES, ALL AGES AND CAPABILITIES! The trip is scheduled for July 16-21st in Axtell, NE. This opportunity will serve the Bethphage Village (Mosaic) organization and includes both relational and physical labor serving opportunities. If you are interested in learning more, please pick up an informational sheet at the Welcome Desk or contact Tara Sawinski at 303-941-0093 or email@example.com. There are only 23 spaces available. New deadline to register for the trip is June 30.
Cereal for a Cause! Project Angel Heart’s annual Summer Cereal Drive is nearly here. PAH’s mission is to deliver nutritious meals, at no cost, to people comping with life-threatening illness. We will collect standard size boxes of healthy whole grain cereal like Cheerios, Corn Flakes and Raisin Bran. Please NO sugary cereals, hot cereals, individual or bulk sizes. Bring your cereal in all during the month of July.
SAVE THE DATE: September 2017
Rummage Sale: It’s time to start cleaning our and saving items for Bethany’s Fall Rummage Sale. Sponsored by XYZ, all proceeds from this sale will go towards refurbishment of the Fellowship Hall. Bring your gently used items on the collection dates, and then stop on by the big sale!
- Collection Dates: September 12 and 13
- Sale Dates: September 14, 15, and 16
Looking for a way to re-charge and connect? Looking for a way to help strengthen our community? Many opportunities available in the area of Worship & Celebration. (No app required… just a willing spirit). For more information contact Jack Lindsey HERE or Anada Gusé HERE.
• Food Collection: Summertime is here and the living is easy – unless you don’t have enough food to feed your family. Please help Metro Caring get food to people in need. We have grocery carts at each entrance on Sundays. Top needed items: canned fruit with low sugar, oatmeal or low sugar/high fiber cereals, canned tuna, peanut butter, and boxed shelf-stable milk. Thank you!
- •Family Friendly Volunteering Opportunities: Are you looking for some more family-friendly volunteer opportunities to continue to grow and teach your children about living a life of service to those in need? If so, we have a couple of more opportunities available this summer!
- – July 25th @ Lutheran Family Services: Quality check and stuff school backpacks for refugee children. 10am-3pm
- – Aug 5th @ Urban Servant Corps (For Lutheran World Relief): Welcome those who bring donations and help load the boxes in to the basement of the Urban Servant Corps home. 8:45am – 12pm
- – Aug 9th @ DenUM & SAME: 9am-1pm. Stock and organize pantry shelves and then enjoy a lunch & learn session at the SAME cafe (So All May Eat).
- Each of these opportunities has a max capacity for volunteers. If you are interested, please contact Tara Sawinski @firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-941-0093. First come, First Serve.
- Bethany is advertising and interviewing for a Director of Children’s Music Ministry. The Personnel Ministry Team is working on a job description that will be somewhat open so that our ministry can be influenced by the skills and passion of the director. If you are interested or know of someone with the skills and passion for children’s music, feel free to direct them to Rick Seaton through the church office at 303-758-2820 or via email (email@example.com).
•Bethany’s Nursery is calling for caring youth and/or adults on Sunday mornings at both the 8:30 and 10:00am worship services to come and play with our littlest worshippers. Contact Pastor Brigette for more information. Youth: this will count for community service hours.