Deuteronomy 6:5-9: “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might. 6Keep these words that I am commanding you today in your heart. 7Recite them to your children and talk about them when you are at home and when you are away, when you lie down and when you rise. 8Bind them as a sign on your hand, fix them as an emblem on your forehead, 9and write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.”
Faith Formation is an intentional life-long process of equipping, empowering and unleashing people for an ever-deepening relationship with Jesus Christ through worship, learning, service, prayer, community and life experiences in order to live out one’s baptismal calling.
All people at Bethany are called to be Faith Formers (Matthew 28 and Deuteronomy 6). We form faith in all those around us. Faith is formed through relationships, often in places outside of the church building. We, as the Faith Formation staff, intend to equip, empower and unleash you to form faith in your daily lives.
Our Faith Formation program covers the spectrum of life stages to provide opportunities for everyone to grow. Please contact any one of the Faith Formation program leaders with questions or ideas. We look forward to equipping you for the journey!
How to Pass on the Faith:
1. Faith is formed by the power of the Holy Spirit through personal trusted relationships – often in our own homes.
2. The church is a living partnership between the ministry of the congregation and ministry of the home.
3. Where Christ is present in faith, the home is church, too.
4. Faith is caught more than it is taught.
5. If we want Christian children and youth, we need Christian adults.
How to Practice the Faith:
1. Caring Conversations
4. Rituals and Traditions
How to be a Faith Former:
Created by The Youth & Family Institute 877.239.2492
Main Office Phone: (303) 758-2820