God’s Word for the Week: Bible Study, Room 210. Mondays at 9:00am and Tuesdays at 7:00am.
XYZ (Xtra Years of Zip): Join us in the Fellowship Hall on Tuesdays after 9:30 a.m. for coffee and snacks, to play games or to socialize. At 11:30 a.m. we worship in the Chapel then have lunch (suggested donation is $5).
Centering Prayer: Join us on Tuesdays at 6:00 p.m. in Room 404 or the Bethany library or Thursdays at 2:00 p.m. in the Bethany library. The current study is “Renew Your Life: Discovering the Wellspring of God’s Energy” by Pastor Kai Mark Nilsen.
Deborah Circle meets on Wednesdays from 4:45-6:00 p.m. in the Bethany library. We will be using the Bible study from Gather, the magazine of the Women of the ELCA. Contact Gail Scott at email@example.com with any questions.
Women’s Study Group meets on Thursdays at 1:00 p.m. in the Soul Schopp. Their current book is “Mere Christianity” by C.S. Lewis.
Young at Heart: Want to meet new friends or catch up with acquaintances? Join us for lunch and a program on the first Friday of each month at 11:00 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall.
There are many opportunities to deepen your faith, connect faith with your daily life, and get to know other adults in all stages of life. Please sign up for the opportunities you will attend at a sign-up table on Sundays in the courtyard or Fellowship Hall. We will require a minimum of eight people signed up to hold a course. We are also looking for facilitators for our adult faith formation courses. If you are interested in facilitating, contact Pastor Brigette. All leader material and training is provided. Thank you for connecting in ministry at Bethany!
SUNDAY MORNINGS Beginning September 10:
- The Gifts of Imperfect Parenting: Brene Brown’s book “The Gifts of Imperfection” is the basis for this four week course. This book is Brown’s look at how we need to let go of perfection in ourselves and in our children for healthier and more meaningful relationships with our children.
MONDAY EVENINGS Beginning September 11:
- Monday Evening Discipleship Group: Join other adults in this weekly study of the Bible, beginning with Genesis and ending in Revelation in the spring.
WEDNESDAY EVENINGS Beginning September 13:
- Holding Your Family Together: This is a seven week course that will strengthen your family (of any configuration and age) and your faith life. Join Keith Langford (BECC director) for this transformational information! Child care will be provided. (9/13-10/25)
- Generosity Project: Do you wonder how to talk about generosity and abundance in your household? Attend this three week class and engage in fun activities for all ages that get to the heart of a generous life! (11/1-11/15)
- Advent Traditions: Come and explore ways to keep the meaning of the season alive in your home this Advent! (11/29-12/13)
SUNDAY MORNINGS Beginning September 17:
- Today’s Text: The preaching pastor will hold a conversation on the scripture passages and the sermon. (Every Sunday)
- Ever Reforming: This seven week course will cover pertinent information on the Reformation and Martin Luther. This course will be lay led. (9/17-10/29)
- Generosity Project: Do you wonder how to talk about generosity and abundance in your household? Attend this three week class and engage in fun activities for all ages that get to the heart of a generous life! (11/5-11/19)
- “Hold On!”: This Advent three-week conversation will focus on the lessons each week. (11/26-12/17)
- Bethany Retreat: September 29-October 1, 2017 at Rainbow Trail Lutheran Camp (brochures at the Welcome Center)
- All Hallows Eve Celebration: October 29, 2017
- Advent Festival: November 26, 2017
- Epiphany Party: January 7, 2018