Welcome to the Bethany Lutheran Church Senior High Page. We invite you to join a wonderfully accepting, genuine, outward-focused community that points students towards a God of grace and abundance– towards a God who meets students just as they are, and at the same time reveals a way of living that is better than they could have ever imagined. Whether its Small Groups, Refuge, Student Service Days, or Summer Trips, you will be able to connect with other students in a real, dynamic, and vibrant ministry at Bethany Lutheran Church.
Small Groups Session #4: March 12-May 3
(March 26, April 9, and April 16 OFF)
- Refuge Band– 8:15am- 9:30; This group features students coming together to rehearse for Refuge. If you have any interest in playing or leading your peers in worship, join this musical group.
- Bethany Art and Mindfulness– 10:00am-11:15am begins Sunday March 12 and ends April 30, B.A.M.! is back! Delia Stewart will be leading another amazing small group for our Senior High. This group will meet on Sundays mornings and will center on creativity and mindfulness. Artistic experience is NOT required! Come and discover ways to be mindful through painting, yoga, listening to music, etc. This will be an excellent way to connect to God in some new and deeply spiritual ways!
- Coffee Crew– 7:15pm-8:30pm– Beginning March 15, Ending May 3. We will meet every Wednesday outside the Sanctuary and walk over to Starbucks together. This group will be simply focused on connection and fellowship. The time together will be super laid back as we check in with one another. Come as you are, and let’s hang out!
Stop by the registration table in the narthex Wednesdays or Sundays, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up! All students must have completed the yearly registration/health form to participate in all small groups. You can download a Bethany Lutheran Church Registration Form under the “Forms” tab on this page!
REFUGE. Twice a month from 6pm-7:30pm in the Chapel. Connect, Recharge, Worship. Come and join an evening of worship for Senior High students planned by Senior High students! Refuge is now a shared congregational experience among six other local area ELCA churches, but still always hosted at Bethany. Refuge will feature planning and leadership from our student Refuge Planning Team, music from our youth Refuge band, and a message from Faith Formation Minister of Youth – Jason Davis, students, or other guest speakers. This twice a month worship will be a safe place where students can worship openly, and genuinely connect to their Creator. Please contact Jason Davis for more information.
Click HERE to download a Refuge Schedule.
October 15, January 28, and March 11 from 12pm-5pm
For all students in Senior High and Middle School- you do not want to miss this! We will host three days throughout the year where students can get out into the world and make a difference in a big way. Each Student Service Day will feature a variety of projects that will be larger in scope, similar to the RMS Middle School Youth Gathering, ELCA Youth Gathering, or Bethany’s Be the Blessing. Past Service Days have include trips to City Park, Denver’s Ronald McDonald House, and Colfax Community Network. Our desire is to get students out of the building and be God’s hands in our world. We know that these service experiences will be a mountain-top experiences for our students- we look forward to seeing you there! More details on this year’s offerings will be coming soon!
A cornerstone for Bethany Lutheran Church’s Faith Formation Ministry, our Summer Trips offer priceless transformative experiences for students 9th -12th grade. These local, national, and global trips are missional, restorative, educational, and faith forming. The 2016 year featured two incredible experiences- a mission trip to the Dominican Republic with Rainbow Trail’s Bridging Borders and Casas por Christo, and a week of summer camp in the beautiful Sangre de Cristo Mountains at Rainbow Trail Lutheran Camp.
The 2017 Summer Trips
- Rainbow Trail Lutheran Camp Bridging Borders: Navajo; June 11-June 17, 2017
- Sky Ranch High Wilderness Backpacking; June 25-30, 2017
- Rainbow Trail Lutheran Camp Senior High Camp; July 9-15, 2017